By- Sushmita Mukherjee
Bohemian style has its origin from hippie fashion. It focuses on the use of natural fabrics and jewels abstracted from the earth. This style is more like a culture and this fashion trend was widely used in 60s and 70s. Furthermore, people have associated fashion with music festivals like Woodstock and Coachella. The music theme follows the Boho style. Flowy clothes, headbands, eye-catching prints, oxidized jewels, vibrant prints, colors and junk when compared to the Bohemian style.
Furthermore, there are some key elements in this dressing style and first comes layering. Layering is the key of this style, like in dresses. You can pair shorts with denim and a lot of junk jewels. Indeed, the primary motive of this style is to recycle and reuse. So, Flea markets are the best for your bohemian collection.
The next key elements of the Bohemian Style are quirky embellishments like tassels, fringes, and lucky charm which are beautiful and free.
If you’re a Bohemian Chic or would you like to be one, here are the 15 things you must have in your wardrobe.
- Maxi skirts – a maxi skirt is a piece that can turn crafting bohemian outfits cool.
- Ankle Boots – Ankle Boots are best for aesthetic dressing, further pair it with a jeans dress or anything, and you are good to go.
- Headwraps and Headbands – Bohemian style without headboards is not possible, headbands indeed give you a wild look.
- Printed Maxi – Without a doubt, a Maxi Dress and lots of junk jewel is all you need to rock the show.
- Knit Cardigans – Knitwear is one important requirement as it is handmade and it gives you a perfect raw look.
- Breezy Loose Tanks – Loose clothes with prints and jewels are the best combination that goes crazy with clothes forever.
- Layered Jewel – Layering is a must in bohemian style, as it gives you an exquisite look.
- Oversized Sunglasses- Oversized sunglasses provide you aesthetic look jewellery and big sunglasses.
Bohemian style is on trend today and perfectly goes on with every occasion whether it’s for a date or for a party, a beach night or karaoke.
Graphic Designer- Udhaya Kumar.